Staples High Wiki:General disclaimer
|This page is an official policy on the Staples High Wiki. It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow. Feel free to update the page as needed, but please make sure that changes you make to this policy really do reflect consensus, before you make them.|
Use Agreement: Staples High School Wiki
I understand that the Westport schools provide electronic resources, including Internet access and storage space for students’ work, as an integral part of the curriculum. Behavior and language in the use of these resources should be consistent with classroom standards. I agree to the following responsibilities and restrictions:
1. I will use the electronic resources, including storage space, only for educational purposes related to work in Westport schools, and not for any personal, commercial or illegal purposes.
2. I will not give my password to any other user, nor attempt to learn or to use anyone else’s password, and I will not transmit my address or telephone number, or any personal or confidential information about myself or others.
3. I will be polite and considerate in the use of resources and I will not use them to harass, intimidate, insult, libel or ridicule anyone in the school community or elsewhere, or use language that is obscene.
4. I will not attempt to access or transmit material that attacks ethnic, religious or racial groups, or material that is pornographic or explicitly sexual in nature.
5. I will not damage or tamper with hardware or software, vandalize or destroy data, intrude upon or alter the files of another user, introduce or use computer “viruses”, attempt to gain access to restricted information or networks, or violate copyright laws.
6. I will report any problems to one of the Admins.
7. I understand that my use of the school system’s computers is not private, and that the district reserves the right to monitor use to assure compliance with these guidelines; violations may lead to revocation of computer access and/or other disciplinary measures.
8. I will follow the formatting required for writing articles, as mentioned on the Staples High Wiki Help Page.
9. I realize that Staples High Wiki is an encyclopedia and resource for students who wish to learn more about SHS. I will not post political -or any type- of opinions in articles. Any opinions posted in articles solely represent the writer and not those of staff, students, Staples High School, or the Westport School System.
10. I realize that after submitting my work here, writing will be edited and redistributed at will.
(Source for rules 1-7): “Acceptable Use Agreement for Westport Pubic School Technology” )